We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and visitors to our website. This privacy statement is intended to set out the basis upon which any personal data or information that we compile, or that you provide to us, may be collected and processed by (or on behalf of) us.
Who we are
Compare Your Super Pty Ltd ABN 88 609 495 650
Level 15, Corporate Centre One, 2 Corporate Court, Bundall QLD 4217
T +61 7 55 91 9577
E [email protected]
Personal information held about you
We collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including when you contact or request information from us or when you engage our services.
The types (categories) of personal information we will hold about you include:
– information establishing your identity (for example, name, contact details including addresses, phone number and email address, date of birth, tax file number) and publicly available information;
– other personal information required to provide our services, such as investment records, superannuation records and bank records;
– information regarding beneficiaries and members; and – any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
– The information is required to be provided under our contractual terms and also to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations.
– Where you determine not to provide the data or request us to cease processing your data, we may need to cease provision of our services to you.
How we will use information about you
We use your information:
– to provide the service for which you have engaged us, which includes providing super comparison reports;
– providing third parties with your information where we identify a need to engage or liaise with the third party in order to deliver the services requested; and
– our own business purposes (for example, issuing invoices, record keeping, data analytics, auditing or training).
People who contact us by telephone
When you call us and elect to leave a voicemail, we will retain this voicemail on our systems in accordance with our data retention procedures.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, is checked for reasons of security and monitoring purposes. Email monitoring or blocking software is also used.
People who make a complaint to us
If you make a complaint to us, your contact details, the nature of your complaint and sufficient information to enable us to confirm your identity will be retained on our systems in line with our data retention procedures.
Sharing your information
We collect personal information about you and other fund members and trustees in order to process your registration as an account holder and to provide you with a range of SMSF-related services including tools to assist in the establishment of your SMSF.
We may disclose that information to third parties that help us deliver our services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law.
We may also disclose your information to our related bodies corporate, the licensee of which we act as an authorised representative or other authorised representatives of the licensee. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you.
Protecting and storing your information
The information we collect about you is stored under our control and with our selected archive and data backup service providers.
We have put in place security procedures plus technical and organisational measures that we consider appropriate to safeguard your personal information and which are intended to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to personal data. Access to internal data servers is limited to specialist personnel and is controlled using defined policies.
We will only retain the information gathered for as long as is necessary, having regard to relevant laws and regulations and our data retention procedures. Such information may be retained after a matter has been closed, and for client identification purposes in accordance with our data retention procedures.
Access to your information and correction
If you would like access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you please send an e-mail to: [email protected]
You may ask us to correct, remove or cease processing information if you think it is inaccurate or where you wish us to cease provision of services.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
We may ask for certain personal information when you contact us in order to confirm your identity.
Should a situation arise where you feel the need to complain about how we process and/or retain your data we request that you contact us so that we may address your concerns.